Sunday 2 November 2008

Something to blog about..finally

So, my sister's been getting on at me for ages to get knitting, I've started a few times and just got bored and given up. Now I have a project, and as much as I wish it wasn't true I'm quite liking this knitting malarkey!

The plan is to end up with a pair of fingerless gloves/arm warmers. I decided what I wanted to do, I went to the Knitting and Stitching show with Hannah and found my wool (some gorgeous slate brown wool from Kent), and after a bit of practice knitting the maths has been done and Hannah worked out my stitches per row and all that!

Now the fun bit, actually doing it, I've just started and so far so good, doing a bit of cabling which is new to me, but watch this space and pretty soon I should have a new pair of gloves!

No comments: